Our 7th Heaven




Thursday, January 31, 2008

Out of the mouths of Babes


Due to some female issues the last couple of years I have had the pleasure of many visits to my OBGYN's office. And so with Caitlin not being in school yet, she has been given many life learning opportunities of the joy of being a women. Even with all of the ackward, embarrassing, not so pretty moments, Caitlin has decided she wants to be a "women's doctor". As with every visit they check my weight, height and blood pressure, which usually never changes, but for whatever reason, during this last visit I was 1/2 inch shorter and of course Caitlin noticed, and immediately asked how that could happen. I gave her a quick response and heard nothing more about it. Until we were in the car with her little friend that afternoon. She immediately says to her friend " you know what, when we get old like my mom we are going to shrink. I swear, no lie." So there it is straight out of the mouths of babes. I am thankful though that out of all the things she could have shared with the world about me that was what she chose.

2 comments:

Cindy Foote said...

Chris! So glad to hear from you. Cristie has been keeping me posted on your progress. Shoot me an email at: info@billyfoote.com so I can have your email address. I just started a yahoo group for families in (or finished with) an Ethiopian adoption. So far - I'm the only member. I desperately need you there!! Anyway - when I have your email address I'll send you an invite to the yahoo group. -So happy to know you! Cindy Foote

SisterMom said...

OUCH!!!