Our 7th Heaven




Friday, January 11, 2008

Going a little Erin Brockavich(sp)

In having to do my own dossier, which because I am such a control freak doesn't bother me, I definitely have more respect and appreciation for the people who do this for a living!! Between all the documents themselves to making sure they are complete it is a lot. So in having said that I am happy to say that I now have all my papers ready for my dossier, except my doctor's letter. I found out a few weeks ago that the notary commission has to be good for at least a year and mine was to expire within the next month. So I have been trying to get a new doctor's letter. Unfortunately, my doctor's office doesn't seem to grasp the importance of getting this letter redone. I called, pleaded, stopped by and sent emails begging for the letter. Finally, after receiving some great advice from Rhonda, thanks Rhonda, I called the office and asked what time my doctor would be there. That next morning I showed up with Caitlin (ready to use her as ammunition if need be)and pleaded my case to the ladies at the front desk, pulling a Erin Brockavich on them! I explained to them that there is a little girl who is waiting over in Ethiopia for us and each day she waits she sits in an orphange, malnourished, without clean water and being exposed to deadly viruses and disease. I added the fact that I have been given a chance to help save her if I could only get my paperwork over there. Then for the icing on the cake I told them that it isn't just me that can make a difference, it is them as well by helping me, and that if they were in my shoes they would do the same thing. Glad to say, I got my letter within 10 minutes after that. I don't normally go around on my soap box, but sadly to say, it is true, a little over the top but true, and I will do it again if I have to.

No comments: