Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Mother said there would be days like this!! In the end I have Victory- Dossier is Done!!
I was so excited and nervous this morning when I woke, knowing that today was the BIG day for me to go to the SOS (Secretary of State) in Austin today and get all my documents for my dossier authenticated and then sent off to Washington D.C. Basically, to get my dossier done and out of my hands!! I had everything strategically planned. I even wore my lucky paties/socks and my "Save the Planet" tee-shirt. Nothing can stop me, or so I think. I dropped off Caitlin early at preschool 8:00 a.m., giving me 6 hours, and headed straight up to Austin (an 1 1/2 hour drive each way). I go to park and notice there is nothing but meter parking and construction. Therefore, I am forced to find the nearest parking garage 1/2 mile away. Good thing I run, because I only had parking for 2 hours so I had to book it all the way to the SOS to give my self the maximum amount of time there; just in case there is a wait. I walk in and NO Wait, things are looking good for me. So with all my documents, it takes about a little over an hour. But, there's just one thing they tell me, they can't authenticate one of my reference letter's because it was notarized by a federal agent. My first setback. But I am not stressing. So I asked the ladies who work there what can I do? They tell me it's no big deal, I just need to get the document redone (not good, the husband is out of town for a month). So I ask if there is anything else I can do, they tell me sure I can go to a military base and have a JAG officer write a authentication letter and put his stamp on it. Sounds easy enough. So I run back to my car, it's now 11:30, getting hungry but no time to stop, need to find a base. Find out from the parking attenant that there is a base about 15 minutes away. So I am on my way, still feeling opptomistic. I get to the base and asked for the JAG office, they tell me to go to building 8. No problem. To my dismay none of the buildings are labled so I have to start running in each one (they are totally spread out over the base) to ask if they know where the JAG office is. Problem 2- everyone is at lunch, it's noon! I finally find someone in maintance to tell me where building 8 is. I find it and go in, unfortunately, this is not where the JAG office is. They tell me they are in building 10. I'm starting to get a little stressed, but still hopeful. I get to building 10 only to find out they have moved to building 12. Have I mentioned the buildings are not labled. I crank up some Casting Crowns "Praise you in this storm" and start worshiping hard hoping the heavens will hear me and show me some mercy. I finally get to building 12 and walk in only to be told they are upstairs and in the back. Have I mentioned, I have been running everywhere!! It's now 1:00, I am really hungry, out of breath and starting to seriously stress. I've arrived and someone is there. YAHOO!! Or so I think. I explain to him my predicament and beg for his assistance. Problem 3- he's army, the letter is Airforce. He does not know the officer who notarized the document therefore doesn't feel comfortable to do anything. After 1 1/2 of me begging and calling the airforce office, he finally types up a letter, stamps it and sends me on my way. Problem 4-I have no idea how to get home and it's starting to rain and there is a ton of traffic due to construction and now it's 2:30. I have to be at back by 3:30 to get my son from his school. By the grace of God, I somehow find a Buger King, a short cut home and get there by 3:40. Praise God. I am feeling so good right now, a little stressed out, but fed and good. I go to pick up Caitlin all to find out that 4 girls in her class have lice!! OMG- Are you kidding me? So off to Walgreens we go to pick up some medicated shampoo. It's now 4:30 and I desperately want to get my dossier out. All goes well at the Postal office, expect for my camera's battery is dead. No pictures to capture the moment. I make my copies, put it all together, kiss the package,say a prayer and let it go. It's a good thing they know me so well there. It's now 5:45 and I have a Bear cub scout meeting starting at my house is 15 minutes, so we down some Sonic, thank you God for fast food and make it home in time for my meeting. Defintely frazzled, but in the end- Victory was mine!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment