Just look at those faces, how can I not feel blessed!!! They were so funny, they won't up this morning and all came downstairs; took one look at each other and starting laughing; realizing they all are wearing the same color. Do you think we are spending TOO much time together?!Pretty much yesterday was spent on trying to figure out the what went wrong for the 4 of us (Nikko, Theresa and Lisa and us) who didn't pass court and consoling each other. We came to find out that many from other agencies as well did not pass through either. The MOWA official in ET requested additional documentation on all our cases, and there is no set checklist to ensure you have everything the official will ask for ahead of time. So, the 4 of us all came to agree it could have been worse, we just simply are delayed the gratification for a couple more weeks, we hope!! I am so thankful for all the support, encouragement and laughter that we shared yesterday. I can't wait to see what we are like together when we get to share good news!!!
I figure, God has a good reason for this delay. My father, who I believe is onto something, said that we live in such a immediate gratification world these days, that this lengthly process and delay is a wonderful opportunity to teach our kids about "Good things come to those who wait" idea, perserverance, faith, patience and trusting in the Lord to know and do what is best for us, even when it means we don't get necessarily what we want, when we want it! I realized as well, that how I handled yesterday was how my kids would handle it and I had an opportunity to show them how to handle dissapointment well and set a good example. It was actually easier than I thought and our day ended with new hope and thanksgiving for all that we have in Christ and in each other.



4 comments:
Hi Chris!
You are so right,, just a delay in our gratitude. I am afraid I woke up with a not so good attitude, but thanks to my group of Angels I am feeling better:) A big hug and thanks to you... I am soo lucky to have been blessed with such a great travel group!!!!
Chris~
I love your resilient spirit! I am glad you are seeing the prolonged wait with a new perspective today. I know you are encouraging your other travel mates and being a shining light of God's faitfulness to them.
Love,
Lisa
Your father sounds like a very wise man Chris. I am so sorry your court date was pushed back. Will be praying for you all that the 22nd will be THE DAY! Hang in there and keep the faith!
Amy
Hello girl!
First....that pic of the kids all wearing orange is too funny...I love it!!
Your dad is a wise man...patience and gratitude for this moment....how awesome is that!!!
Post a Comment