Our 7th Heaven




Saturday, July 12, 2008

POA Problems!! Shim to the Rescue!!

Well it looks as though after another round of failed court cases there is yet another issue, obsticle, in our (and all families with Hope) path. This time it is the Power of Attorney document, but not the families; Hope's POA document.

In order to represent us in court, the attorneys need a power of attorney from the adopting family as well as a power of attorney from the agency's owner, Shimeliss. Shimeliss's PoA expires in July 2008. The court interpreted this as the BEGINNING of July, and Hope interpreted it as the END of July. So the court is requiring a new agency power of attorney (not the adopting family's) before they will sign off on any of Hope's cases.Since providing the court with a new PoA requires that Shimeliss go through the whole authentication process and DHL to Ethiopia (just like each of us did), he doesn't have time to do this or none of us will make it before courts close. Therefore, he is just going to go to Ethiopia and appear in court for each of our cases in person. He is headed to Addis today and will be there until Hope's last court case which takes place on August 4.

I am so thankful to the angels at Hope (Grace, Shim, Rahel) that will stop at nothing to get the job done in order for us to bring our kids home. I am grateful beyond words for their continual sacrafies and committment to us and to the children!! Father God, bless them, keep them safe, sane, healthy and give them the endurance to do your work as you have called them to do!! Put a hedge of protection around them, the children, and all that they do so we may bring our children home!!--Soon, very soon!!!

5 comments:

Munchkins said...

You are very sweet! I am sure you will hear good news this week!!! I wish we could travel together. But, we'll "meet" someday! =)

Rebecca said...

This week girl....I just know it. Thank God for Grace and Shim...we are forever grateful to them.
P.S. Regan's 9? He can't be 9!! That makes us older too!! Great pics, tho. :)

Rebecca said...

Shoot!! I knew I was spelling his name wrong...REAGAN!!! There...I did it!!

Cristie said...

Chris ... I continue to pray for the Lord to work out all of those details! I will be praying for "Shim" as he shows up for court and represents each and every family and child waiting to be united ... OFFICIALLY! We are praying and waiting anxiously for you to travel and be HOME so we can celebrate with you!
Keep your chin up .. He's the director!

Joy said...

Tomorrow is the big day for a few of you right? Praying for you - Joy