Our 7th Heaven




Friday, July 18, 2008

Looking for a miracle!!!

Unfortunately, all of Hope's court cases including ours for Helena are postponed until next week. It seems as though another large agency's court cases were put on hold a few months ago, while they were being investigated and they have been cleared. Therefore, all their cases are being put through before ours. I am frustrated, confused, angry and saddened by this to say the least. Enough already!!! At this point I think it's going to take a miracle to be able to bring both Sof and Helena home this summer. We will give it another week, but then if we have still not made it through court we will have to make our travel arrangements to just pick up Sof now and then make the second trip in the fall for Helena. Thank you all for your prayers, support, encouragement and friendship!! Nikko, Lisa and Theresa, thank you!!!

On the brighter side, today my friends, blessed me with a wonderful shower. Not only did the warm fellowship with my closest amigas lift my spirits, it also filled my belly full of great food, and blessed us richly with donations and gifts for the orphanage and for Sof and Helena. I am so grateful to have such amazing friends. Thank you Judy for putting it together!!! And thank you all my Fairway Bridge Buddies for coming!!!!
I will be continuing to ask God for a miracle and hope to share good news soon!!!!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

A miracle IS coming your way! I have ordered it directly from God, and he said you're going to get your kids -- both of them -- this summer! Rebecca S.

Lisa said...

Chris,
I just know our day is coming:) I am so happy you had a wonderful and well deserved day with your friends to celebrate the new additions to your family. I can't wait for "our" day :-))
HUGS TO YOU!!!!

Amy said...

Chris, I am so sorry for another delay. I want to encourage you with some verses that helped me while we were trying to be patient waiting for Helina. "Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your hearts desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Psalms 37:3-6.

I will continue to pray!!!!!
Amy

Cristie said...

UGH! AWAA families got postponed too. They were supposed to be last week or the week before (can't remember as my days are all off) and were pushed off until the 24th. We'll see if they get through. The Lord will work this out, my friend! I am so praying for the day when you are all home TOGETHER .. .one big family! Trust in the Lord. He is Good ... these are his children and he desires even more than you to see them in your arms. Delight in the Lord and he WILL give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37). I have confidence he WILL and I will rejoice the day he does!

Munchkins said...

Hey Chris, How are you holding up? Been thinking about you and praying for you!

Kristine said...

Chris, we are praying for that miracle!!!

Kristine