Is pretty much how I feel these days!! Wow, since passing court last week, I have been scrambling to get our travel plans locked in, kids ready for school, lining up friends for Caitlin and Reagan to visit to break up the 9 days for my dad, getting donations, making sure I have proper clothing for Sof and Helen now that it's colder and much wetter; I could go on and on. All of this and I am still on cloud nine!!:))))
So our travel plans are we are leaving on August 15 and will return on August 24th at night. Just in time to see the kids off to school on the 25th. Meaning we leave in just 16 days!!!!!! It couldn't be here soon enough for me!
I still don't think it has really hit me for I am still getting to sleep just fine. I am so grateful for all of those who have gone before me and have been so honest in sharing their travel adventures and the realities of the adjustment phase for all members of the family. I know that the real challenge is still ahead of me and that probably when I get home I will look back at the wait as though it was a breeze in comparison to the difficulties that can come when we get home, but I feel at least better prepared to expect a storm!!
I can't wait, I know I will probably have at least 4 months of being in a fog and feeling overwhelmed and wondering "what was I thinking", but the best things in life do not come easily!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Wow, I leave in 10 days and I still haven't done all that! Thanks for reminding me to set up Joshi's play dates. I might get to meet you in Ethiopia. I'm still on a wait list for a 16th flight back. Otherwise I'n in country until the 21st.
Jennifer
Amen to that sister! I'm with you on knowing that we may be overwhelmed for months when we get home, but the good things in life usually don't come easy. And I believe that God led us here, and he will bring us through! Rebecca S.
Doesn't it all give you a boost of energy though! You will get everything done and be ready to get on that plane! I just can't wait to meet you and your family!
Yahoo Chris Mott!!! You go, girl!! I'm telling you, I was in a fog the whole time in ET and for about a week and a half after we got home. Sometimes I look at Ava and it still seems a little surreal. You are going to be so great....I can't wait for you to get your hands on Helen and Sof!!
Counting the days with you!!! Getting ready for the trip you've longed for for so long is crazy. The chicken without the head feeling is perfectly normal.
Praying it'll all come together for you and God will place many assistants around you to help with the details...
So excited for you.
Love,
Lisa
So glad your day has finally come. You are going to have such fun Chris!!!! Just relish every minute you have over there. It will change your life forever.
Your Sof has such a gentle, sweet nature and he is going to be SUCH a great addition to your family.
I'll be praying!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment