Monday, February 11, 2008
Leap of Faith
Over the last few days since we announced our adoption of Sofonyas I have been blessed to chat with some Hope friends (friends from our agency) regarding the view point that the older kids might have. It's funny as we have told people about Sof, it has been said to us "wow, what a leap of faith for you to take in adopting an older child." But as Susan, a Hope friend who is also adopting older child, so wisely addressed, it is our Ethiopian kids who are taking the true Leap of Faith. They are the one's that will leave the country they know as home, and all the people that have become like family, to go live with a strange family, in a new country, with a new language and a new way of life. Leaving everything bit of security and what they know behind. After pondering this for a short while I started trying to see things from their perspective. Wow, I don't know if I would have the courage to take such a bold leap. I believe in my heart that God stays very close to orphans giving them courage, visions of their new life, and the security that he is with them now and will always be with them where ever they go. These children may have never even been taught about our Heavenly Father, but their spirits know him well! Thank you father God for always being with us and for never forsaking us! Father I pray that you fill Sofonyas and all the orphans with your love, peace and courage and that you keep them close to you. Keep their spirits strong to have the courage and the joy to take this huge leap of faith. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Chris,
What great insight from your friend. Clearly, you have meditated on her words and they have impacted you in a greater way. I think these words will echo in your mind over and over when you bring Sof home and you will be a better Mommy to him as a result.
I pray all orphans have a hedge of protection around them as they wait. May God bless Sof with the peace that passes all understanding during this entire process.
Praying for your family of seven,
Lisa
Post a Comment