Wednesday, February 6, 2008
And Then There Were 7!! We Have a Son!
Yes, it's what you think! And yes, we are crazy! But we are crazy excited about our latest decision. In addition to Layla, our little Ethiopian pricess we are in the process of adopting an 8 year old boy named "Sof" from Ethiopia. We are hoping that this will be the month to receive a referral for our little Layla, but in the meantime we have a picture a beautiful boy that is available at Shim's place who we soon hope to call our son. In the last few weeks Greg and I have been discussing the idea of adopting an older boy. No sooner than we brought it up, a group of amazing boys who are available at Hope's orphanage came to our attention. Unfortunately, the older kids are the least likely to be adopted. Everyone wants the little ones. We are guilty of this as well. We began this journey with the idea of helping an orphan that was in need. We thought that was in China, but we quickly realized that we were a little late on that ban wagon. So hence came Ethiopia and there is no doubt about the need there. We have always thought how wonderful it would be to adopt a second child from the same country. So as they say "there's no time like the present." Knowing that our hearts are open to it, financially it makes since, and we believe that it will help them adjust a little easier to do it at the same time, it seems like a no brainer. The only complication to this is once we adopt 2 from Ethiopia we are no longer eligible to adopt from China. China has a 5 children maximum policy. 5 sounds nuts I know! If from today until we get a referral from China God opens a door allowing us 6 we will be prayerful in our decision. We feel as though we were called to adopt those in the most need, and in our minds that is through Ethiopia. It's troubled me though the idea we had this notion it would be by the "Grace" of God we be blessed with another child. This is how we came to the name of Grace for our China princess. What's funny to me, is the name of our coordinator at Hope is Grace. It was by talking with her we decided to go with our agency Hope Adoptions and by way of her voicing the need for families for these older boys that we have found a son. So maybe Grace was to be the facilitator (she is definitely an angel sent from Heaven) in this process, not the child all along. I know I am an out of the box thinker when it comes to these type matters, but it is important to me that everything line up. And it does, praise God! I can't wait to share him with everyone, but first we need to make is through court before he is officially ours (approximately 5 weeks). I will keep you all posted as to our progress. Please keep us in your prayers! Father God, I am so grateful for all the blessings in our lives and for the vision of this beautiful child "Sof" to be a part of our family. Father God please watch over our precious son Sof and keep him safe and well until the day we bring him home. Please cover all the details of the adoption so we may call him our son. In in Jesus name I lift this prayer up to you. Glory be to God! Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I am blown away by the Lord. Who knows what he'll do next! I will definitely be praying for your precious boy. My Mom came home from ballet yesterday telling me all about the amazing news and telling me of his precious face. I can't wait until you get through that court date so you can post his pictures for the world to see and he is officially your SON!
May the Lord give you peace while you wait!
Cristie!
Congratulations Chris! I just know how excited you are! I have really wanted to adopt an older girl to be buddies with my oldest daughter, as well as adopt our little boys :). Your boys must be thrilled to have another boy! We are rejoicing with you!
That all may know Him,
Joy
Congratulations Chris!!! I heard from Cristie about your wonderful news! I'm insanely jealous (in a good way!)
Blessings!
Cindy
Hi there~
Lisa Osborn here...We met once at USAA over lunch. Don used to work for Greg. I have thought of you often over the last few months wondering how you were doing with the wait. Don had mentioned you were considering Ethiopia. We were logged in on 11/7/07 for another daughter from China. I am not sure how we'll endure the wait but we are praying for radical changes to happen so it won't be as long as it seems like it could be...
I found your blog site on the Martine's site and am in awe at what a small world it is, as we just met the Martine family and have joined an adoption fellowship group with them. Your news is thrilling and quite surprising!!! We are so happy for your family.
We look forward to following your journey to Layla and Sof. We pray they will be able to come home to you soon.
May God bless you with peace and patience and an amazing support system as you wait. Take comfort in knowing many prayers will be offered on your behalf.
Hope to see you sometime! In your spare time (ha), you can check out our three blogs...
Many blessings~
Lisa
Hey Chris,
Thanks for posting on mei mei's blog. Great to hear from you. Don and I have been attending the fellowship at CBC. Would love to see you there.
Email or call anytime...
Many blessings,
Lisa
Just found you through Make room for Mei Mei! We are LID 3/8/07 for China! Our baby girls name will be Raegan!!!
Post a Comment