Our 7th Heaven




Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Latest Hope Agency News!

The last few weeks have been somewhat slow. That's not a bad thing. I think it is the calm before the storm. A good storm though. Filled with referrals and court dates~I pray! Our director is in Ethiopia on a mission to find some matches for those of us that are paper ready. He got their on the 24th and will be there until March 12. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard, not just for us, but there are quite a few families that are waiting on some good news as well.
Some other good news is that Sof's best friend is now being adopted by our agency coordinator. When she and her daughter went to Ethiopia in January to pick up her little girl they met him and fell in love. I could not be more excited! She lives in Texas, so we will be able to get them together from time to time!! I think that is so important since they are more like brothers, than friends.
With the adoption of Sof's buddy that just leaves one little 7 year old, who has been at our agency's orphanage the longest. He is a sweet, cute, healthy little boy. It is breaking my heart that a family hasn't swooped him up yet. In fact, when he learned of his friends adoptions, leaving him behind, he got really sad. Ok I am crying now. The idea of him being left behind, when he has been there the longest, really makes me sad!! We have heard so many wonderful things about him, it troubles me that he has not been chosen. For us, we didn't chose him because we thought he was a little young and Sof's picture spoke us. If anyone is out there with an open heart to a precious 7 year old boy, let me know. I know that he would bless a family in so many ways. Father God, I pray for this dear sweet young boy and his broken heart. I pray you pour out your love and comfort on him. I pray for a family to come forward and chose him for he is a precious child of God deserving of a family to love and for a family to to love him in return. Father, I trust in your goodness and know you meet all our needs and so I trust his needs will be met soon. It's in your precious name I lift him up to you, Amen!

1 comment:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Chris~

That's so awesome about Sof and his best friend. I am thrilled they'll be in TX together and I know you'll do whatever you can to help them foster their special bond.

You are tugging on my heartstrings when I think of Sof's other friend. Oh how it hurts to think of children in an orphanage aware their friends are getting a family and they aren't. I will pray about this special child and prayerfully the right family will emerge.

I appreciate your tender heart.

Lisa