Friday, February 15, 2008
Giving Birth to an 8 year Old!
Wow, I feel like a proud new mama who just gave birth to a beautiful 8 year old boy. Ouch!! I catch myself looking at the picturte of Sof's beautiful face and fall deeper and deeper in love with every breath. Just as I did when each of the kids were born. It suprises me how much I am already feeling even though I have never met him, seen him in person or held him. I am so eager for the day we bring him home and are able to become his family for real. I can't wait to be able to comfort him when he is sad, hurt or scared. Shower him with hugs and kisses and the words I love you with each new day. To rejoice with him at his accomplishments. Celebrate his birthdays and holidays with him. Just celebrate life with him and watch him grow! And to share the love of our heavenly father, who by miracle brought him to us. As a friend, and a fellow adoptive mother, Cristie Martini put it so perfectly "I've been blessed with three from my womb and one from my heart- so far"! I am so blessed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I marvel at how God created us! In His infinite wisdom, he gave us a heart that loves, expands, and is able to give more and more love. I just think that's the coolest thing.
For first time adoptive parents there is often the looming question, "Will I love a child who is not from me?" For adoptive parents with biological children there is often the question, "Will I love them as much?"
I love how you already LOVE Sof so much and KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt this is right and God has chosen him to be your child. It is beautiful. It thrills me to think about all the exciting things that await your family.
Your words are so precious, Chris. Thank you for sharing them.
Blessings,
Lisa
Incredible how the Lord does that for us. Whether by birth or born in our hearts our children are loved the same. Just like our heavenly Father loves us unconditionally. I just stumbled on your blog and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!
Post a Comment