Or rather God's perfect timing and plan through Reagan's sweet inspiration.
I had called my dad on Easter to wish him a happy one and see how he was doing. We chatted about many things including the idea of him coming to Texas during the summer to visit. We talked about all the fun things we could do. My dad is very involved in Florida where he lives and both my brothers as well as uncles live in California so he is a busy, no popular man with many places to go and people to see. Nothing was firmly decided but he said he hoped he could come.
Then Monday after school Reagan came to me and asked out of the blue came "Mommy when can I go to Florida and spend time with Grandpa like Blake got to do when he was 9 with Grandma Mott?" I told him I would need to talk with Grandpa and I would let him know.
Today I called my dad to ask him about Reagan, hoping I would not make him feel obligated. As usual we talked about many things including God's perfect timing in our lives. After about an hour I finally remembered why I had called him in the first place. Just as soon as the words left my tongue my dad asked "What time on Monday did Reagan ask?" When I told him it was after school around 3 or so he said to me "Guess what I was looking at and thinking about right at that same time; a letter mom had written asking if Reagan could come to Florida and stay by himself, the same way Blake had gotten to stay with his other grandparents when he was 9." My heart totally fluttered with excitement and tears quickly welled up in my eyes from knowing it was one of God's perfectly timed moments.
My mom went to be with the Lord almost exactly 2 years ago, (April 19th) so she has been on my mind a lot this week. My father had read me the letter when I was in Florida helping with her memorial but the pain was too fresh making it not the right time. I had totally forgotten about it until he read it to me today. I totally believe this to be one of those awesome perfectly timed moments pressed on by sweet Reagan's spirit led question and so perfectly executed out by God . My dad and I were both blown away and taken with emotion. We couldn't help but think that my mom was up in heaven bringing the note she had written right before she passed to the surface of my father's ever so full desk. Making sure that her wish was fulfilled.
Thank you sweet Jesus for your perfectly timed promptings and for the cherished memories that this special time will bring. And Mom even though you may not be here on earth, I know you will be with Grandpa and Reagan enjoying every giggle and every minute with them!!! I know you are up there watching over all of us- I love you, miss you and think of you everyday!!!



7 comments:
Oh Chris, that was so sweet. I hope he has a great time. God's timing is truly amazing.
Are you going to be at the reunion this summer? We would really like to meet your family in person!
I love it when God clearly speaks to us. What a beautiful post.
You have a beautiful family.
Thank you so much for praying for my daughter, Abby.
Wow Chris. What an amazing story. Its always so neat when we see Gods timing clearly in our lives. And always when we need to see and feel it the most.
I hope that Reagan has a wonderful time hanging out with Grandpa!!
Hugs,
Amy
Our God is an Amazing God! He does direct our every step!
Oh wow....that gave me goosebumps. That, my friend, was indeed a "God moment"!!!!! I can almost see your mom up there grinning.
Tears .. what more can I say! I remember your Mom's passing so well and can't believe it's already been 2 years since she went to be with our Savior. No doubt that she is still leaving her footprints on your hearts and in your life! I pray Reagan and your Dad have a FABULOUS and intimately sweet summer get together! Treasured!
Miss you, friend!
Post a Comment