I am currently participating in a Beth Moore Study on Esther and all I can say is I love it, love it, love it!!!! I think every women should be so blessed to experience it. I have taken several Beth Moore studies but this one is a must. Every week is so enriching; especially being a women!
The idea that we are all created for our "just for this moment" in our lives. The big life changing ones, where we are faced with; our worst fears, colossal challenges and tragic moments. But to know that God has prepared us for them all along and if we just hold on to him and move forward in our faith we will achieve greatness~ HIS WILL BE DONE!!
In the first week, she recited a quote "coincidences are merely God's anonymous miracles in the making". That thought has stuck with me since. I believe all things and all people in our lives happen for a reason. Nothing or no one God puts in our path is by accident or coincidence. It is all part of the big picture; his big picture. Even the bad experiences and bad people who are dropped like bombs in our lives. At the time we think, why me, but when we take a moment to think beyond "me", we realize there will be a time, a place and someone that this experience will be of GOOD use to. For the better, even if not our own.
When I reflect back throughout my life and think of the major life changing moments and who played a part in them, I feel confirmed they are not without purpose. For example, Reagan said to me the other day "mommy why did you leave California?" To him, who was born and has lived all his life in Texas, it seemed so sad that I left California, away from my family to move to Texas. But thinking of the big picture, I explained to him that it was all a part of God's plan. Because had I not left California I would have not met daddy and he wouldn't be here. He looked at me and laughed and said "oh that's a good reason, I am glad you left." I think he got the idea.
I couldn't help but think further on that time in my life to the detailed path along the way and all of the hard times, heart aches, and the darkness that I went through to get where I am today. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't encountered every one of those BIG life changing moments, both the good and the horribly painful ones. I am so grateful for them all. For I have been healed and restored by God's love grace and have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams.
Our adoption was no different. God had perfectly placed each person and led us to them in order to adopt. From our family (Greg's cousin Ben), to friends and neighbors (the Manteis) , to co-workers of Greg's(Don Osborne) to mommies of Caitlin's dance classmates (Cristie Martini). All who were themselves adopted or had adopted from all over the world. Even now I see him working his miracles by furthering our works in the adoption world as we are stopped by people we cross paths with who want to know our story. We are all fine tuned tools God has formed and sharpened just waiting to be picked up and used to help others do God's job.
Father God thank you for all your anonymous miracles in our lives. From the smallest encounters we experience during the hustle and bustle of our day to the great big life changing moments we experience that stop us on a dime and make us question our existence or rather yours. It brings me so much peace to think that you are watching over us and guiding our every step. To know we can find the strength by trusting in you in every situation. To know that no one or nothing is by accident but by your mighty hands in the works in our lives. Father God I trust in you and all that you do in our lives knowing it is for your will and the greater of all mankind!!! I embrace all the anonymous miracles I have witnessed or been part of and look forward to every one that is yet to come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
SO true, so true! I just finished this study too, about a month ago, it is awesome.
So good to see God is always working...and there is no "coincidence".
Even the over the top, hard for me to understand challenges I have with my kids at times! :)
What a great testimony! I know you had an influence on us deciding to go with Ethiopia. I was still searching when I called and we talked. Shortly after that I talked with my husband, we prayed, and decided to look into it!
Post a Comment