Our 7th Heaven




Friday, December 12, 2008

Reagan Scissor Hands


Yes, my dear sweet Reagan, who is 9, took it upon himself to give his bangs a wack in school today. I expected this from Helena, maybe even Caitlin, but not Reagan at his age. Reagan yes, but not a nine year old. This reminds me just how young in spirit my son is.

He came in the house after school the other day with his bangs pushed over his forehead, like a badling man does with a long strand of hair to make it appear as though there is more. I quickly felt something was up so I asked him to come over to give me a hug and his reply was "Mom, how about I blow you a kiss from here. He knew, I knew. So I asked him again to come to me, this time in my direct mother voice and he came with his head hung low, like a naughty dog. Once I got a closer look at what he had done, which was cut it directly to the scalp, I asked him "what were you thinking my dear?". He said "I just wanted to cut my bangs a little. Am I in trouble, I told the truth?" I told him he would not receive any further punishment, because he would be getting the rest of his hair cut to match his doings. He was a little upset, but was glad not to be receiving any more consequences than that. What can I say, boys will be boys and I believe Reagan is the posterchild for this saying. I do love that sweet sometimes foolish boy of mine.

No comments: