Our 7th Heaven




Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back to the Future

I am in serious need of a time machine to give me the ability of slowing or even better stopping time to allow me to catch up, which I am so desperate to do these days.
My oh MY how times flies when you are having fun!!! The last few months between homeschooling and taking care of everyone has left me with absolutely no time to breath, blog or even think for that matter. My life has been filled with so much joy, sadness, madness, exhaustion, tenderness and did I mention JOY!!!

So here are few of the things that have been filling our days:

Sof's B-day!!!
The smile says it all!!! He had a blast. I am not sure who was more excited; Greg and I or Sof. I think Greg and I for Sof didn't know what to expect. Greg and I were giddy with anticipation of sharing the joy of celebrating the great day that God brought you to earth. We now know that Sof loves white cake, or vanilla cake as he calls it. He now thinks birthdays are a week long celebration full of presents, parties, friends, cake and fun. He is shamelessly already counting down the days until his next one. It was everything in my power not to try to indulge too much feeling like I was making up for the 8 years we didn't have with him. I give thanks to God for getting him here in time not to miss out on his 9th. He is such an amazing little boy, who is growing like a weed both inside and out. Within the last few months he has packed on 10 pounds 2 1/2 inches and 3 shoe sizes. And he has grown so much emotionally as well. He is not the same little guy we bought home. He definitely has the same fun loving spirit, but he is now secure and found his place as a member of the Mott family. He fits in so well. I may not have given birth to him from my womb, but he is definitely a my son and God created him knowing he would be ours. It tickles me to watch him grow and I can't wait to see him become the Godly Mott man he created him to be. With Sof's amazing spirit I know he has great things in store for him.






Halloween
What a perfect day to share with Sof; candy, costumes and running till you drop. All the kids had a blast. Greg took the boys and I took the girls. Sof couldn't slow down to save his life and Helena was content to do nothing but be the princess in her stroller and eat her candy. It was everything in my power to slow her down from eating too much. Blake was too old to participate so he thought until the idea sunk in that would mean NO candy, so we scrambled at the last minute to come up with an age appropriate costume. It's really hard to find a decent costume for someone on the brink of teenagehood without it being too scary or vulger.
In years past the boys fly through the neighboorhood with the mission of hitting every house and filling their bags until they bust. Caitlin was always fine with taking her time to socialize along the way. But this year it was like Freaky Friday. The boys barely made it through first 3 streets and Caitlin and her friends were set out to run the whole way. It was a good thing I had my running shoes on this year. I can't wait to see what next year will be like. I better start training since I will likely be in two different directions between the girls.





Caitlin's B-day
I can't believe my baby girl turned 6!!! She has grown so much both physically and mentally this last year. She is such a beauty both inside and out, it makes my heart soar. With every year her freckles increase. We like to call them her angel kisses. She has sprouted a good 4 inches making her legs look incredibly long. She is not the baby anymore for sure. Her maturity towards her new siblings, especially her baby sister astonishes me. She was knocked off her thrown of baby the baby girl and she had handled it so gracefully. She is not the center of attention on most occasions anymore and that is something she is learning to handle with more understanding and less sadness or acting out. I am so proud of the daughter in Christ she is and is growing to be. She is truly my angel sent from heaven. With each day that passes she and Helena grow closer. Which couldn't be any cuter. Helena lights up when she sees Caitlin and I was even priveledged to witness Caitlin grab Helena's hand and help her up the stairs to her room where they played My Little Petshops together. Caitlin has even said lately how happy she is to have a little sister and that when she grows up she wants to adopt a Chihuahua puppy and a little girl. What more can I ask for than a daughter who is aware and wants to care for all of God's creatures!!



Thank you sweet Jesus for allowing me the priviledge of being a part of something so magical and wonderous!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ahhh thanks for the update Chris! I can't even imagine how busy you are,, I really can't!! I am just soooo happy for you and your beautiful family. It is a year to be especially thankful for our multitude of blessings! Happy Holidays to you! MISS you:-)))