Our 7th Heaven




Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My New Year's Resolution- Letting Go

I know I have lacked in my success of posting every week as I so boldly stated last year, but it is not because I was sitting around eating bon bons, maybe somedays, but not all. I was merely giving myself grace to the realization I cannot do everything I set my sights on. But give myself and my time to my biggest priority- my grand family. I am not kicking myself for not posting, but I am slightly disappointed for those precious memories were not laid out for all to see. They are sadly locked away in my rather fogging mind.
The last two years we all have grown so much, including me. A little in pants size but more in letting go of my expectations over my kids, myself and my husband. I have learned to surrender to the reality that I will drop the ball in certain areas of my life. Since bringing Parker and Helena home, that area has been cleaning and blogging. It's not our newest additions are any more time consuming our home grown. Parker and Helena have brought such tremendous joy and richness to our family. I honestly cannot imagine our lives without them. It is more that I have a big family, including my husband, that need me. So it is not a sacrifice but freedom from the burdens I lay on myself.
I will not make another bold statement that I will blog every week, but rather whenever I can sneak a quick post, allowing a glance into the blessings and the special little moments in our daily lives.
Therefore, this year my resolution is to do my best, which will not be perfect. To know that I will drop the ball more times than not, not because I don't care but simply because someone big or small needed me more. Point in case, that I am just now getting to my new years resolution and it is almost May. I am however more hopeful in my pursuit to post since recently purchasing a laptop, thus allowing me to do my catch up on the road. Not while driving or anything crazy, but while I am sitting out in the hallway for 2 hours 2 days a week at Helena's speech therapy.
So this year I will be the passenger with my eyes wide open to the journeys that God will place before me. Not trying to control every aspect of my life but merely embrace each moment I am given. Yes, even those that suck up my time and my sanity. I give thanks to God for allowing me to be a part of His greater joys than those I have set my limited sight on.

No comments: