Monday, October 27, 2008
Love is a Battle Field
Poor Sof has got to be thinking that I am Mother Pain and wondering what kind of sadistic family he has been given to. Within the last three weeks, he broke his arm and got his first round of immunizations and went back to the dentist for yet another check up. Meaning we spent many more hours and days in doctor's office. Fortunately, his arm was only a buckle fracture which the doctor said we could just use a split, since he was refusing any type of aid from the orthopedic surgeon. You would have thought she was cutting his arm off by the way he was screaming just looking at his arm. It wasn't the pain of the injury, it was all in his head making, making it difficult to treat. The next week I had to take him into the doctor for his first round of immunizations, he watched Helena receive her first just the week before. Let me just note she didn't even cry. Maybe it was my bad doing but I told him what we were going to do, I believe telling the truth is always better than deceiving your children, especially when they are as old as Sofonyas who gets it. Just getting him out of the house and through the parking lot to the doctor's office was a struggle, all with Helena in one arm and Sofonyas in the other. Dragging would not be an understatement. I thought for sure CPS would be called. Once we arrived at the doctor's office he was fine. We sat and talked about when he was in ET and he had to get shots what that was like. He was actually rational and relaxed until the nurse walked into the room. Then all H... broke loose. It took 4 nurses and I to get the job done. He hit, kicked, bit all of us while screaming bloody murder, all even before she had actually touched the needle to his arm. After it was all said and done 30 minutes later, we headed straight to good ole Micky D's for a hamburger and fries. Thank God, once Sof got a few fries in his belly he was back to his happy self. Giving me hope that God was covering his mind from holding it forever against me. Unfortunately, we will be headed back to doctor for our next round of immunizations next month. I think I am going to call in some big guns for some back up and definitely have someone watch Helena for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ha. My bio 9 yr old is this same way. He has an extreme over reaction to pain - any pain. A paper cut sends him over the edge. Last time he had to get a shot I had to drag him off the floor (luckily we hadn't known before the appointment) and it took 4 of us to accomplish. His reaction before was 100 times worse than after. He's in desperate need of a teeth cleaning and I'm seriously thinking they are going to have to give him laughing gas or something.
OOH ... I so can relate only it's my Dakota that goes into hysterics! I too had to basically lay on her recently. It's horrible and by the end, I'm not sure who was crying harder. SO ... all that to say, if you ever need someone to watch that beautiful Helena, give me a shout .. I bet she and Maliah would have a BIG TIME!
Still praying for you guys and this huge transition. I don't know anyone who could handle it better! The Lord is so good ... trust him and rest in him!
Post a Comment