



Someone asked me the other day if I was drowning due to the fact that I hadn't posted in the last month. Well, according to Greg, we are just evolving and learning how to breath under water these days. This last month has been filled to the rim with good times with friends and family and the realities of bringing two new children into our already busy lives. I am not complaining, I signed onto this knowing that it wouldn't be easy, but some days I find myself wishing for it to be 9:00 pm knowing that by then all the kids are safe and in bed so I can crawl my way to ours.
Greg and I are still pinching ourselves daily at how wonderful it is to have everyone togeter and that things are going so well. In so many ways we forget that it has only been 8 weeks since we have been home since it seems like they have been here forever.
Reagan continues to handle this big change very well , having to share so much including his room. This is huge since he is normally the most selfishly driven and in the situation of sharing his room, there are many gray areas. I think God is working overtime on him. Where Reagan has really impressed me is with Helena. He absolutely adores her and is always looking out for her, helping her, and playing with her. It is very sweet to see this new nuturing side of him.
Caitlin too is handling the fact that she is no longer the baby or the only girl quite well. She has stepped upto the plate of being the bigger sister like a champ. I can tell it still bothers her though that Helena has not opened up to her yet. The more Helena pulls away the more she wants her to like her. It has been very important for me to make sure she as well as all the others are getting their fair share of one on one time with Greg and I. Especially Caitlin and I since she is used to having me all to herself.
For Blake this really hasn't impacted him very much, since he is used to having little brothers and sisters already. He is so good with Sof, who follows him around like a puppy somedays and enjoys Helena's littleness and the craziness that comes with her age. It is very sweet. They actually all do. She is both a ham and a little pill!!! It is a good thing she is so darn cute!
Like a friend and fellow adoptive mother, Gina once said "I spend most of my days on my knees in prayer." Well I don't get the chance to get on my knees or have a minute alone since neither Helena nor Sofonyas like to spend a second by themselves. It is difficult to say the least, so I make sure at the end of the day, before I shut my eyes, to say a good long prayer thanking God for all that he has blessed us with and to restore me with patience, peace, strength, endurance, and joy so that I may be the mother he has called me to be. The quiet, one on one time with God in prayer has become my new best friend!
Greg and I are still pinching ourselves daily at how wonderful it is to have everyone togeter and that things are going so well. In so many ways we forget that it has only been 8 weeks since we have been home since it seems like they have been here forever.
Reagan continues to handle this big change very well , having to share so much including his room. This is huge since he is normally the most selfishly driven and in the situation of sharing his room, there are many gray areas. I think God is working overtime on him. Where Reagan has really impressed me is with Helena. He absolutely adores her and is always looking out for her, helping her, and playing with her. It is very sweet to see this new nuturing side of him.
Caitlin too is handling the fact that she is no longer the baby or the only girl quite well. She has stepped upto the plate of being the bigger sister like a champ. I can tell it still bothers her though that Helena has not opened up to her yet. The more Helena pulls away the more she wants her to like her. It has been very important for me to make sure she as well as all the others are getting their fair share of one on one time with Greg and I. Especially Caitlin and I since she is used to having me all to herself.
For Blake this really hasn't impacted him very much, since he is used to having little brothers and sisters already. He is so good with Sof, who follows him around like a puppy somedays and enjoys Helena's littleness and the craziness that comes with her age. It is very sweet. They actually all do. She is both a ham and a little pill!!! It is a good thing she is so darn cute!
Like a friend and fellow adoptive mother, Gina once said "I spend most of my days on my knees in prayer." Well I don't get the chance to get on my knees or have a minute alone since neither Helena nor Sofonyas like to spend a second by themselves. It is difficult to say the least, so I make sure at the end of the day, before I shut my eyes, to say a good long prayer thanking God for all that he has blessed us with and to restore me with patience, peace, strength, endurance, and joy so that I may be the mother he has called me to be. The quiet, one on one time with God in prayer has become my new best friend!



No comments:
Post a Comment