


It's official Sofonyas is now Parker Sofonyas Mott and Helen is Helena Karen Mott!!!! We had our re-adoption hearing last Friday. I had hoped to make it a whole family affair, but that just didn't work out. Greg had a meeting, Reagan had a test and Parker had his FIRST ever field trip and there was no way I was going to deny him that joy!! So Helena and I went down to our city court house and swore in our new Texans!!!
It was really less of the main event that I had in my head. It was fun though for there were several adoptive families there. So the judge performed what they call a "mass re-adoption. It was so cute to see all the beautiful faces who have come from all over the world and to hear their stories. There was even a little boy from Liberia, Africa (which is on the west side of Africa). It was really cute to talk to him. They speak English there so he spoke really well but had that sing songy accent that Parker has.
It is bittersweet as they will now receive a Texas birth certificate. Parker thinks that is pretty cool, but in the same since I don't want him to forget his birth country; just as I don't want him to forget the name his birth parents gave him.
We have come so far in such a relatively short time and I couldn't be happier. Even though they were legally ours as of Embassy appointment in ET the re-adoption hearing made it seem so official. As I think back to a year ago today as we were anxiously waiting for our court date for Parker and our referral for our littlest baby girl, it all seems like just a dream. I am a firm believer that dreams really do come true. And they are so much sweeter than we could ever dreamed of.



9 comments:
Congratulations! Another milestone to rejoice and remember what the Lord has done!
Yeaahhhh!!! I love love reading all of the updates that are going on with the Mott family! We miss u guys too, seriously we need to figure out a time to get together! It's not going to work for your HOPE reunion, as we'll be out East that week before...any chance of any other traveling for you guys???
Yeah! This is definitely something to celebrate. We had our court hearing in Missouri back in November and just got the Missouri birth certificates this past Monday. It's exciting!
Congrats to you! It does feel good to have it officially official!!! BTW, in case you didn't see it,, I added a link on the Hope Group for post-adoption paperwork. Its a great article on what else you need to do once home! Can't wait to see you all this summer:-)) ((HUGS)) Lisa and Zaela
Congratulations Chris and family! We hope to be following in your footsteps soon!
congratulations! a big day!
That's awesome! Congratulations!!
Gives me inspiration :)
Hey mama! Congratulations!! Good feeling, huh?!? We got Ava's WA birth certificate a couple months ago and it was so exciting. But, I'm also VERY glad to be done with all the paperwork.
P.S. LOVE the new pics on the side of the kids!!!
You have an absolutely gorgeous family! Congratulations on reaching such a wondrous milestone!!!
Post a Comment