Tears of joy are streaming down my face as I process the thought that we finally have a court date for our sweet little Helen. It is set for July 2 and so hopefully if all goes well we will be able to travel to ET the first week of August to pick up both Sof and Helen and bring them home!!!!!! Our court date is just 3 weeks away meaning we could be traveling in just 7 weeks. WOW!! I am beyond words with excitement. I feel like singing from the mountain tops!! The last few years have seemed like an eternity, but with this court date brings me hope of our dream finally becoming reality!!
Today, the kids and I will put together packages for Sof and Helen, which a fellow Hope family will so kindly hand deliver to them for us in the next couple of weeks, thanks Lisa! This hopefully being the last of the packages to be sent, praying that the next time we will be the ones to play Santa's helpers delivering packages to kids when we go!
I have layed low posting lately feeling like a bit of a Grinch. Focusing all my efforts the here and now trying not to be so consumed with all that has been going on in ET and not having any control over any of it. Both my heart and mind have been torn between my children here and my children in ET. For those of you who have gone through this process you know what I mean. Just having this court date takes such a load off, knowing the end is in sight. Finally our family will be united together as one!!
So many prayers have been answered in the last few months. We finally received the referral for our little girl, we passed through court for Sof, my dad asked if he could to come to Texas and watch Caitlin and Reagan (THANKS POPS!!!) and now the court date for Helen so we will be able to bring both our son and daughter home this summer before they close the courts.
Father God I am so grateful and so humbled by your goodness. Thank for Father God for bringing this good news to us. I rejoice and give glory to your name!!! I pray you put a hedge of protection around both Sof and Helen, keeping them safe, healthy and happy and for all things to be in order and to go without a hitch on July 2 so we can finally bring the HOME! It's in your precious and holy name I pray, AMEN.
Psalm 145:21
My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord; and let all flesh bless (affectionately and gratefully praise) His holy name forever and ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Yeah, I am so happy for you. I will be praying you pass the first time and get those kiddos home this summer.
Mendy
Your faithfulness and patience has finally paid off!!! God's timing is always perfect-even though its certainly slower than we'd like. Congratulations. Everything is falling into place beautifully!
Dana Updegrove
What great news!
Chris, I am so very truly happy for you and your family. It has been a long time coming, but it is so worth it. Bring on July 2nd!!
P.S. I like the Grinch...I think that he is very under-rated. :)
Christine-
I am praying that you guys make it through court your first time. I know you guys have been waiting so long and you have encouraged me through so much of my wait. Praying for good news soon! I know Sof wants to come to you as bad as you guys want to get to him.
Jaclyn
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Today I was thinking about you as I looked over at the "WORLD" Magazine cover to the face of a beautiful Ethiopian little girl. It must have been the Lord's divine to set that magazine in front of my face and immediately I thought of SOF and HELENA! With that, the first thing I did when I came home was to jump on your blog seeing if indeed you had news to share! PRAISE THE LORD! I will be praying on July 2 for all to go smoothly. Oh Chris, I cannot wait to follow your journey to Ethiopia and to your children. We will also be waiting anxiously here to welcome them home.
LOTS OF PRAYERS MY FRIEND!
Is it July 2nd yet?????
Hi Chris~
I am sorry it has been forever since I've posted a comment. I have been delinquent on posting on my three blogs and commenting on friend's blogs, too. Thanks so much for visiting mei mei's blog!
I really need your email or phone #. :o)
I am so excited to know you have court dates and it won't be long before you get to bring your two beautiful children home. I know they've been home in your heart for a long time. Have peace knowing that our God who watches over your family here in SA is also watching and protecting your other two children who are half a world away. Celebrate his omniscience and omnipresence!
Chris, not only am I celebrating with you, I also thank you for your the faith you demonstrate in each post. It really is a blessing to me!
May God bless you with patience and the ability to focus as you await more news about traveling.
Can't wait to hear more!
Love and prayers~
The Osborn clan
Post a Comment