Our 7th Heaven




Friday, April 18, 2008

Our 15th Wedding Anniversary!!!

WOOHOO!!! Praising God, today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary!!! Wow, 15 years and I am proud to say still going strong!! When I think of who we were 15 years ago, as we exchanged our vows, so new to love and what the committment of marriage stands for, I feel so much more committed today. I understand just what those vows truly signify. We have been tested by the fires many times during the last 15 years and have witnessed many who have held on during difficult times, to those who let their marriages go. We have defintely been on our knees at times praying for God's guidance to keep us together. With every challenge that has come our way we have been blessed to have the union of our marriage made stronger and been brought closer as one; as God intended us to be. Every day I wake up giving thanks to the Lord for creating such an amazing man of God to share my life with. The depth of my love, respect and admiration for this man I call my husband grows more profoundly with each year.
As a father tending to skinned knees, sharing manly tasks with the boys like cutting down branches, dancing with our little girl, praising them for jobs well done, to disciplining them so they may become great godly driven adults. I am awed!!!
As a husband, he is my best friend, my trusted spiritual council, my playmate, my partner; tender, respectful, competitive, and affectionate. He takes my breath away!!!
As the man of God, he is solid in his foundation, quiet in his faith, patient and deliberate in his action, calm in the storm, and walks humbly yet boldly in the ways of the Lord. That is what makes him our family's spiratual leader!!
By knowing and experiencing my love with Greg, it is knowing and experiencing the love of our Lord. I am so grateful for the 15 years we have shared as one and I look forward to sharing many more 15 year celebrations with him. I rejoice in our union and I pray for God's hand to continue to bind our relationship bringing us closer to eachother and to the one who has created us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you, Chris and Greg!
Dana Updegrove

Chris said...

Wow Beautiful post .
Happy anniversary :)
Chris

~holly said...

Happy belated anniversary!