Our 7th Heaven




Friday, April 18, 2008

Calling All Prayer Warriors!! Help!!!

So here is the latest status of our referral.... We have been matched but..... due to some major power outages in Addis Ababa they can't e-mail, copy, scan, etc the file to our coordinator here in the states. We were told the power outages are from the fact there are 4 milion people in the city using approx. 200 mega watts of electricty and the power company can only handle 150 mega watts. In the past they have used hydro power to compensate, but unfortunately Ethiopia has been experiencing a major drought this year. Meaning no power for most of the city. They estimate this to be the case for up to 2-3 months. Yikes!! What this means for us, I am not sure other than at this point we can't even get the profile and therefore can't truly receive a referral, therefore we can't accept a referral to set up court dates etc. This has got me a little rattled to say the least. I feel the enemy is coming down strong! Yes it makes me sad we cannot get a referral until whenever, but more the fact that all those children and people that live in the city, what it means for them to be without power for the next two months. To think of peoples livelihoods being affected, the safety, the health of the children knowing that they will have to stay in the orphanages even longer. We are so fortunate to live in a country that does not have to worry about those type of things happening. Can you imagine. I understand that Ethiopia is not as dependant on electricity as we are, but I am sure this will negatively affect many.
So I am calling out to all my prayer warriors out there to help me pray for Ethiopia, the situation, the people and for there to be a quick resolution to the power outages. For God to put a hedge of protection over all of his people during this difficult time watching over them keeping them safe and making sure their needs are met. That our Mighty Heavenly Father who can do anything, will, for the sake of what is right and good for his people!! I pray that all those affected find refuge, shelter, peace and comfort in our Lord. Trusting that he is with them and will not forsake them! Father God, I lift this prayer up to you, in Jesus name, Amen!!
Psalm 91: 1-4
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare of the Lord. He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from the fatal plaque. he will shield you with his wings. He will shelter you with his feathers. His faithfulness promises are your armor and protection.
Verse 11: For He will give His angels charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways.

1 comment:

~holly said...

I'm in the same boat, so I'll be a warrior with you!