Our 7th Heaven




Friday, September 19, 2008

America =Doctor's, Medicines and Pain!!!

Pour Sof and Helena, since coming to America it seems every other day is filled with doctor's appointments, dentists and much torture.
Unfortunately, when we brought them home both Sof and Helena had their fair share of illness bringing them much pain and discomfort. The good thing is that being in America, we are able to get these things taken care of quickly. So after a few doctor's visits, dentists appointments, samples (of all sorts-ICK!!!!!), they are on the road to recovery.
Sof even had to go to the oral surgeon and have a tooth extracted that was totally decayed. It was not a good day. The poor kid thought I was evil and was not happy with me. It was very difficult because of the lack of understanding and I did not want him to defy me, I could not explain to him that he couldn't eat breakfast before we left the house that morning or what was going to happen to him. All I could do is everytime he would eat and it would hurt, I would show him on the calendar, which we are learning, that Monday the doctor was going to fix that tooth so it wouldn't hurt him any more.
They have been on several medicines for this and that as well. Every time I open a bottle Sof says "Medicine, me, mom?" We still have a month to go for one of Helena's medicines, hoping that will do the trick.
Then we have the vaccinations. Oh my!!! Since Sof had just gone through the whole oral trama, I chose to have just Helena get her first set of vaccinations. Sof's turn, which he does not know yet, will come at our next visit in two weeks. I think I might just have Greg be the lucky one to go with him that day.
Overall, they are very healthy kids!!! Praising God for taking care of them and providing for them so well. They were both feed well in food and love at Hope in ET. Our pediatrician is amazed at how happy and well adjusted they are.
It has been cofirmed by the dentist and our pediatrian that there is no way Helena is 27 months. They think she is around 18-20 months. Right now that is a big difference, but as she get's older those 6 months will become nothing. Therefore, we will not go through the trouble of changing her birth certificate. Sof has told us he was born in 1992, based on the ET calendar they are just celebrating their year 2000, making him 8 as we have been told.
So all in all I am very thankful that they are so healthy and hopefully we can keep them this way.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Chris. Love the picture of your family:) Youare all gorgeous:)
Hey reading your post made me think about the age of helena. I remember seeing a picture of her when she was little . Annie 's referral picture. She was with bemjamin and a very and I say very handsome man ;) She seem to be around 9-10 months . That was OMG when did annie got her referral for benjamin? Just a thought .
They are gorgeous

Rebecca said...

I'm so happy that the kids are getting healthier and everyone is adjusting. We are also going through rounds and rounds of meds, but in the end everything will clear up. We haven't even gone to the dentist yet. Boy do I dread that! Good luck!