Our 7th Heaven




Friday, August 15, 2008

Watch out ET here we come!!!!!

First let me say~ WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Finally our day has come for us to load up our luggage, donations and ourselves on the plane and head out to Ethiopia. I know I have said words cannot described what I am feeling, but I can honestly say I am locked up with excitement, nerves, fear, anticipation, but mostly joy! My heart feels as if it is going to come out of my chest it is beating so strong. I thought I would go for a run, but I don't think I need to at this point. I just want to spend every minute with Caitlin and Reagan until we leave this afternoon.
To think in just 2 days we will get to meet our children for the first time. I can't wait. It's a long trip over there, but I can't complain for we get to stay the night in Dubai so we will be nice and rested up for Sof and Helen on Sunday.
As much as I am excited about going my heart is torn leaving Caitlin and Reagan behind. I know they are in good hands with Grandpa Middlebrook and they will have the time of their lives, but Greg and I have never been away from them and to top it off we are out of the country. I am trying very hard to give both my fear and sadness to God.
I am so thankful everyone who has been there for us; supporting us, encouraging us, informing us, lifting us up in prayer. We would not be here if it weren't for you all!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
So I am signing off for now. I will not be posting from Ethiopia for access to a computer and internet is difficult. I will update when I return. Hoping I will have lots of pictures and stories to share.

Father God, I give thanks for this day to finally be upon us. For allowing us such a beautiful opporunity of a lifetime. I am grateful to all those you have placed in our lives, surrounding us with such love, support, friendship and trusted footsteps to follow. I pray that Greg, Blake, Reagan, Caitlin, my father, Sof, Helen and I be filled with the fruits of your spirit during the next 10 days. Give my father, the patience and endurance that he will need to take care of Caitlin and Reagan!!That any sadness, fear, harm be cast away! Father, I pray for a hedge of protection to be placed upon each of us and those around us. Let our hearts be light and our days be filled with joy, laughter and love. Let Sof and Helen meet us with open hearts. That we see this journey through your eyes. Taking each step, situation, and moment with the peace of knowing that you are with us all. That we bring glory and honor to your name to all that we do and say. Father God I lift up all of us and our needs to you!! It is in your precious and holy name I pray. AMEN!!!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe that it's finally here, my friend. I am filled with excitement for you!! Can't wait to see pics of all of you when you get back. Godspeed.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I thought today was THE day. I am so excited for you and I love reading your prayers, Chris. Thank you for sharing them and for bringing us along on this journey.

I pray everything will fall into place just perfectly. I have goosebumps thinking about the joy that is about to unfold.

Love,
Lisa (and Don & Lindy, too)

Chris said...

Hey Chris :)
Hurry home , can;t wait to hear about your journey and your children :)
Hope that everything is good :)

Meggan said...

Hey guys!!! Miss you! Hope you're all adjusting well! Shoot me a message when you get a chance!

Cristie said...

O.K. my friend, I am chomping at the bit to see a photo of that ENTIRE family together! I know if your home, you are exhausted and overwhelmed with the newness of being Mommy of FIVE! Post a photo or a comment and let us know you guys are safe and how Sof and Helena are doing.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all home safe and sound. Looking forward to reading about your trip and how you are all adjusting at home. Post photos!

Hoping the children had a good start to the new school year.

Dana U.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Been thinking of you and wondering if you are home with your darling Sof and Helena...

Can't wait to hear about your journey.

Love,
Lisa