It's funny to me, to think we have these two kids that we know absolutely nothing about. Yesterday, I received some fun information on both Helen and Sof. A family that just returned from picking up their 2 kids blessed all of us waiting families with pictures, videos and tidbits of personal info on our kids. God bless you Kim and Katie!! We received the most precious pictures of Helen smiling with her curly hair and long eye lashes, they made me cry. And our Sof well we are learning he is quite the extravert, we have a video of him telling a story to his fellow friends. We have no idea what he is saying but he is so animated and enthuistic you can't help but to be captivated.
We have been told Helen is loved by all at the orphanage. She is especially close to two caregivers who are equally as fond of her. This is important to know because it shows she attaches well and that will be key to her transition to us. She is said to be a very happy, sweet, shy (to adults) little girl, who rarely cries. Now that she is able to be downstairs with the big kids she is coming out of her shell and it shows in her pictures. We are told she plays and shares toys with others well. That is definitely good to know. Especially with all the kids in this house, she will have to share and get along with others!!
Sof, we think he might be a comedian when he gets older. He definitely likes to be the center of attention and make others laugh. In every picture he is with his buddies, hamming it up for the camera. We are told he is an engergic, friendly, lovable, sweet boy who loves playing with other kids. We have learned he loves to eat pasta, cookies, ice cream, biscuts, cake and chips and his favorite colors are blue, red and black. I am starting to think he and Reagan really are twins. They should get along great with having so much in common. He is in the first grade and his favorite subjects are math, spoken English, and environment. He also says he is an othordox, which translates to an Orthodox Christian. We have just met an Ethiopian family who attend a Greek Orthodox Church here is good ole SA. We look forward to attending there from time to time to share that part of his heritage with him.
It blesses us so much to hear the stories about our kids and see the pictures of them. It makes us feel a little closer to them even though we are continents apart.
Sadly, we have been told that Sof is starting to get sad because he wants his family to come and get him. He doesn't understand the wait. I don't blame him, it makes me sad as well. We never imagined it he would have to wait so long. So we are trying to figure out at this point if Greg should make a trip over there in the next couple of weeks to pick him up since we are still without a court date for Helen which means a minimum of 11+ weeks. This will be an unexpected big challenge for us, but we will do what ever is best for him.
Father God I pray you bring clarity, guidance, direction and to put everything in order so we may make the right decision for our family. I thank you Father for you always fill our needs and I trust in what you will have us do will be the best for our family. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh Chris, I love all the information on your two beautiful children! I wanted to share something with you .... I hope you will receive this well. Just this morning, I awoke and very quickly thereafter Doug and I began talking about Aria Hope (Cindy's little girl to be) and then the conversation quickly turned into me telling Doug about Sof. I have shared your journey to him with him before only this time Doug seemed more inclined to listen intently and began asking questions. Doug asked "when is he coming home"? I said I wasn't sure as you guys were still awaiting things for Helena. Without a moments thought he turned to me and said " I don't know them but I wish I could tell her husband ... go now". I was struck by his insistence and he didn't say much more. It left me praying for you guys, thinking that the Lord sometimes gives things to others ... each of us getting a piece at a time of his plan and just maybe we're supposed to be a vessel for a message. That being said, I know that the extra trip is definitely an unexpected twist in this road of an already overwhelmingly expensive adoption ... SO ... I"m praying the Lord would open the floodgates and bless you in a way that would give you the ability and the billboard to say "go now". This is all dependent on it truly being the Lord's timing and his will.
I hope I didn't say too much. I just saw that the Lord was working on you guys and that he was sending you whispers. I felt like by not sharing what happened in my house this morning, I may be missing out on being yet another whisper for you!
I can't wait to see what turn your journey takes next. For one thing is certain ... YOU will be Mommy to two more beautiful children very soon. Now .. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FIVE TIMES OVER!
In Him
Chris, I noticed you leaving the pool the other day with 5 children. I thought you managed quite well!
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope God gives you a "neon sign" to let you know what to do.
Happy Mother's Day, Dana U.
Amen, sister!!!
Hard decisions.....know that I'm thinking of you.
Happy Mother's Day!
Hi Chris, Happy Mothers Day!!! I know just how hard it is when only 1 of your children are "ready" to come home. I will be praying for clarity for your family in the days ahead. I will also be praying for patience and peace for Sof as he waits for his forever family. I just love your little man. He is going to bring such joy to your family!!! Could you do me a favor and take 1 last pic of him once he comes home wearing the "famous" pooh jacket I gave him. I would love to have it:)
Take care,
Amy
Post a Comment